Board Certifications: American Board of Family Medicine 2018; American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians 2018; 2019 ABFM Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine, Board Certified
Fellowship: Sports Medicine at Via Christi Sports Medicine, 2018-2019
Residency: Family Medicine at Via Christi Family Medicine, 2015-2018
Medical School: Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2011-2015
College: University of Nevada – Reno, 2006-2008; Colorado State University – Pueblo, 2008-2011
Specialties: Sports trauma and injuries, concussions, musculoskeletal ultrasound diagnostics and procedures, autologous whole blood injections, PRP injections, and family medicine
• Faith: God has overwhelmingly blessed me, and I am passionate about pursuing excellence to honor Him and the blessings He has given me.
• Family: I met my beautiful wife, Rebekah, while wrestling at CSU-P. She has been with me through undergraduate and all of medical training, and we have been blessed with three amazing children – Uriah, Elsa, and Eliana. I love to still date my wife and spend time with my children.
• Wrestling: I started wrestling at 7 years old. I wrestled at a 3A high school in northern Nevada where I was two-time state champion. I ended my wrestling career on scholarship at a Division II program in Southern Colorado, where I was a NCAA Division II National Qualifier. I love to watch and coach wrestling, and I still enjoy getting on the mat from time to time.
• CrossFit: When I finished my college wrestling career, I dove into the CrossFit world to feed my hunger for occasional competition. It helped me stay active and healthy through medical school, residency, and fellowship as well as provided me background knowledge in Olympic weightlifting and exercise programming. In September of this year, I will be getting my Level 1 CrossFit certification. I engage in all things fitness from traditional CrossFit, to trail running, mountain biking, swimming, and Olympic weightlifting.
• Grilling/cooking/nutrition: I grill and smoke on my pellet grill every chance I get. I love all things food, especially creating healthy meals from scratch. My wife is an even better cook, and together, we make some pretty awesome meals.
• Hunting: I mostly hunt large game, such as elk and deer. Rebekah actually took me on my first elk hunt, and she is an avid hunter as well.
• Fishing: I enjoy both spincast and fly fishing, but I tend to lean more towards spincast.
• Favorite Reading List: Bible, Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings
• Favorite TV Shows: Game of Thrones, Spartacus, Black Sails, Medici, Vikings, and Peaky Blinders